Love on a Leash Club
MORE COMING SOON
THIS CLUB IS FOR THERAPY CERTIFIED PETS ONLY.
(Anyone can join as long as you are certified.
You do not have to be trained thru Pawsitive.)
OUR GOAL IS TO MEET THE DEMAND FOR THERAPY TEAMS
IN OUR ST. CROIX VALLEY AREA.
OUR THERAPY PROGRAM HAS 3 PARTS
TO BECOMING A CERTIFIED THERAPY TEAM.
1. Canine Good Citizen test must be passed whether you took classes thru Pawsitive or other training facility.
2. Community Dog test must be passed whether you took classes thru Pawsitive or other training facillity.
3. Therapy Dog course will get you and your canine friend familiar with common obstacles you will come across in visitations. You and your canine friend will make 2 visitations under the supervision of one of our K9 coaches.
4. You and your canine friend will take a Therapy Test by a Therapy Dog International (TDI) or Pet Partners evaluator.
5. Once you become a certified Therapy Team, you can join our Love on a Leash Club. A club member will receive a T-shirt, be able to enter our database of facilities, calendar of activities/events and find other members with the same interests.
6. Pawsitive will provide ongoing support and training within the club.